This is where it all started, my first led project. I planned to fill my entire ceiling with a matrix of warm white 5mm LEDs to play games and visualise music on.
I used an arduino, 256 warm white leds, and four “TLC5940” ICs. It had 4 modes: All on (in 256 brightness levels), the game snake, the game pong, and a graphic equalizer (for music).
The ICs however ended up causing some “glitching” (random flickering) in the leds. I tried everything I could think of, or find on google, to stop these glitches, but nothing seemed to work. I abandoned the project (and the ICs for that matter), and it has since been serving as a nice static ceiling lamp.