My old amplifier broke down a long time ago, and the one I’ve been borrowing since died on me too. So I built one!
It uses two power op amps, which I have a course dedicated to at school. So making this wasn’t that difficult. The box is made from old laminate flooring, and I used an old processor heat sink to cool everything. Instead of making a PCB however, I soldered all the components directly to the op amps. It works, but turned into a big mess, so I don’t think I will do it like this again. The only things I need to really finish it are some RCA-connectors, and a nice big volume knob. Although it doesn’t really look the part, it sounds way better than expected.